Anti-Ragging Committee Members
Ragging is strictly banned in the Jayalakshmi Institute of Technology. If anybody found indulged in such kind of activities, strict action will be taken irrespective of the extent. Ragging is banned by Supreme Court of India. In order to prevent such kind of activity in campus, am anti-ragging committees has been formed and brought into operation even before the start of 1st year classes by the Chairman/ Principal of JIT.
Committe Members :
1. Mr.S.VENKATESAN – Principal
2.Dr.SELVAMANI – Dean
3.Mr.C.PRABU – Head of Department CSE
4.Mr.A.SABARI NATHAN – Head of Department CIVIL
5.Mr.S.SATHIS KUMAR – Head of Department ECE
6.Mr.N.SIVAKUMAR – Head of Department EEE
7.Mr.J.Balaji – Head of Department MECH
8.Dr.B.ADHINARAYANAN – Head of Department MBA
SAY NO !!! TO RAGGING
Ragging is neither a means of familiarization, nor an introduction with fresher’s, but a form of Psychopathic behavior. Ragging is a violation of Human Rights. Respect Humanitarian Values. Ragging is a heinous crime, heavily punishable under law. Ragging may spoil your career forever.
FOLLOWING ACTS WITH FRESHERS SHALL AMOUNT TO RAGGING
- To force to address seniors as ‘Sir ‘
- To force to perform mass drills.
- To force to copy class notes for the seniors.
- To force to serve various errands.
- To force to do menial jobs for the seniors.
- To ask/answer vulgar questions.
- To force look at pornographic pictures to shock the fresher’s out of their innocence.
- To force to drink alcohol, scalding tea, smoking, etc.
- To force to do acts which can lead to physical injury/ mental torture or death?
- To force to do acts with sexual overtones, including homosexual acts.
PUNITIVE MEASURES FOR RAGGING
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the College, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging shall be one or any combination of the following:
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Debarring from any test/examination or any other evaluation process
- Collective punishment when the individuals committing or abetting ragging are not identified.